Release date: May 1, 2023.
We are pleased to announce the release of Screena API version 2.1.14, with a number of new features and improvements to enhance your experience with Screena.
- Record category filter: A new algorithm
categoryAlgohas been added to include or exclude matches for specific record categories. This algorithm functions similarly to
entityTypeAlgoand can be used, for example, to narrow the scope of searches to specific PEP categories such as Close Associate, Diplomat, or Judge.
- Identity document matching: A new identifier-matching algorithm
identityDocumentAlgohas been added to match identity document numbers. This algorithm comes with a new algorithm type
patternthat allows identifying strings of characters that match a specific pattern while ignoring those that do not. It matches the input string with a pattern that includes an obscured version of the string, with only certain visible characters. Here are three examples that illustrate how this algorithm type works:
Identity Document Number Source
Identity Document Number Target
- Value controls: New controls have been added to ensure that the values provided for the following search parameters are always valid:
If any invalid value is used with these search parameters, an error will now be returned.
- 1.dataset labels,
- 2.entity types specified with the
- Stopword handling: Screena now guarantees that a hit is always returned if a name provided within a narrative field, consisting entirely of stopwords, is an exact or near-exact match with a watchlist record.
- Names combined with numbers: In some cases, names combined with numbers within narratives (e.g., '140 Repair Plant') prevented potential true matches. This issue has now been resolved.
- Public watchlists: Screena's out-of-the-box watchlist coverage has been extended to include 3 new lists:
USA SPECIAL MEASURES
USA CUBA RESTRICTED LIST
United States • Department of States – Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs
Singapore • Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
For more information on Screena's out-of-the-box watchlists, please visit this page:
Thank you for using Screena, and we hope you enjoy the enhancements in this release.